Storytelling for Schools
Current story sets for schools include
- World Book Week – Magical tales from to inspire your budding writers.
- Black History Month – heroes and heroines from the African Diaspora
- LGBT History Month – tales of resilience and courage coupled with a fresh twist on traditional story
- Out of the Broom Cupboard’ – tales of sufferidge, democracy and British values
- Dragons, Pearls and the Littlest Mandarin- stories of magic & myths from Ancient China.
- Gods and Goddesses of Mount Olympus – Roman/Greek tales to make your heart pound and your toes curl.*
- Barking at the moon – Animal stories from five continents.
- Swords and Ploughshares – stories of war and stories of peace.
- Sand through your fingers – tales about letting go, separation and death.
- All change! – tales about transition and change.
* can be either roman or greek depending on your needs.
Cindylou loves working with children of all ages and abilities – she is a bubbly, energetic performer, who often uses handmade felt puppets, musical instruments and props from her “suitcase of curiosities”.
A typical school day will consist of 4 – 6 sessions that are either 30 minutes or 45 minutes long, depending on the age and needs of the children. Cindylou always provides a timetable for the day, bespoke to each setting. Sessions begin at 9:30 and usually end at 3:00. Have you got a group of children that would benefit from a small group session which could mean you could use some of your PP funding towards the costs.
Why not get together with schools in your cluster or federation, booking adjacent days, thus saving on costs. All sets can be adapted according to time constraints. If you don’t see what you want then please contact Cindylou to discuss your needs.